‘Maha minister given two govt flats against rules’
Mumbai: Former IPS officer-turned-lawyer Y
P Singh on Saturday alleged that Maharashtra Minister of
Parliamentary Affairs Harshwardhan Patil got allotted two
flats in Mumbai against the rules of the government.
Singh said that as per the Government Resolution (GR)
of 1999 the minister (or any other person) or his wife will
not get a second flat if any of them already has one flat in
"There was a GR issued by the government in the year
1999, which had said that if any of the minister or the spouse
owns a flat in Mumbai then no other flat will be allotted",
Singh further alleged that Patil already has a flat in
Shubhda Soceiety, but still a flat was allotted to her
(Patil`s wife Bhagyashree).
Singh further alleged that first the flat was allotted
to Patil`s mother Ratnaprabha Patil but later her
(Ratnapraba`s) name was excluded and Bhagyashree`s name was
Singh further said that a case of Criminal Conspiracy,
Cheating and under the provision of Prevention of Corruption
"In the affidavit, she (Bhagyasree) has mentioned that
neither she nor a spouse nor family members own a flat in
Greater Mumbai," said Singh.
However, despite repeated attempts, Patil was
unavailable for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head