Maha Minister hopes Lavasa won’t face hurdles
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government does not
foresee any major hurdle in the execution of the second phase
of Lavasa Hill City project in Pune district, provided it
conformed to the Centre`s guidelines, a state minister said
"We will examine all aspects of the project following the
green clearance granted by Union Ministry of Environment and
Forests. Some restrictions can be imposed, and if the Centre`s
guidelines are strictly complied with, I don`t see any major
hurdle in the way," Minister of State for Environment Sachin
Ahir told reporters.
The minister, who belongs to NCP, said if the government
found anything wrong in the first phase that could be
considered violative of the Centre`s guidelines, the Bombay
High Court will be informed.
The Union Environment Ministry today gave the nod for the
first phase of the ambitious project, which is embroiled in a
controversy over violation of environment protection norms.
The Ministry`s decision came after the Maharashtra
government had filed a case against Lavasa promoters for
alleged violations of Environment Protection Act (EPA).
Filing of the case under the EPA was one of the key
pre-conditions set by the Environment Ministry for granting
clearance to the first phase of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!