Maha ministers have become feudal lords: Tawde
Thane: Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said that some of the ministers in Maharashtra government had become "feudal lords" ("subhedar"), and their wealth should be probed.
Tawde addressed a rally of BJP workers at Jawhar in the district today.
Ganesh Naik`s fiefdom was Navi Mumbai, Sunil Tatkare`s fiefdom was Raigad, Narayan Rane`s fiefdom was Sindhudurg and Sangli was R R Patil`s fiefdom, Tawde said, naming the top state ministers.
Nothing moves in the state unless they give a signal, he said, adding that "activities" and assets of these ministers should be probed.
Tawde also alleged that despite spend of 17,000 crore on irrigation, people in the state were not getting water.
The BJP leader also said that Thane district, the biggest in the country, was needed to be divided, and his party would take up the issue in the coming monsoon session of the legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi