Maha ministers have become feudal lords: Tawde
Thane: Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said that some of the ministers in Maharashtra government had become "feudal lords" ("subhedar"), and their wealth should be probed.
Tawde addressed a rally of BJP workers at Jawhar in the district today.
Ganesh Naik`s fiefdom was Navi Mumbai, Sunil Tatkare`s fiefdom was Raigad, Narayan Rane`s fiefdom was Sindhudurg and Sangli was R R Patil`s fiefdom, Tawde said, naming the top state ministers.
Nothing moves in the state unless they give a signal, he said, adding that "activities" and assets of these ministers should be probed.
Tawde also alleged that despite spend of 17,000 crore on irrigation, people in the state were not getting water.
The BJP leader also said that Thane district, the biggest in the country, was needed to be divided, and his party would take up the issue in the coming monsoon session of the legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'