Maha ministers have become feudal lords: Tawde
Thane: Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said that some of the ministers in Maharashtra government had become "feudal lords" ("subhedar"), and their wealth should be probed.
Tawde addressed a rally of BJP workers at Jawhar in the district today.
Ganesh Naik`s fiefdom was Navi Mumbai, Sunil Tatkare`s fiefdom was Raigad, Narayan Rane`s fiefdom was Sindhudurg and Sangli was R R Patil`s fiefdom, Tawde said, naming the top state ministers.
Nothing moves in the state unless they give a signal, he said, adding that "activities" and assets of these ministers should be probed.
Tawde also alleged that despite spend of 17,000 crore on irrigation, people in the state were not getting water.
The BJP leader also said that Thane district, the biggest in the country, was needed to be divided, and his party would take up the issue in the coming monsoon session of the legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- No relief from HC for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing