Maha ministers have become feudal lords: Tawde
Thane: Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday said that some of the ministers in Maharashtra government had become "feudal lords" ("subhedar"), and their wealth should be probed.
Tawde addressed a rally of BJP workers at Jawhar in the district today.
Ganesh Naik`s fiefdom was Navi Mumbai, Sunil Tatkare`s fiefdom was Raigad, Narayan Rane`s fiefdom was Sindhudurg and Sangli was R R Patil`s fiefdom, Tawde said, naming the top state ministers.
Nothing moves in the state unless they give a signal, he said, adding that "activities" and assets of these ministers should be probed.
Tawde also alleged that despite spend of 17,000 crore on irrigation, people in the state were not getting water.
The BJP leader also said that Thane district, the biggest in the country, was needed to be divided, and his party would take up the issue in the coming monsoon session of the legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof