Maha minister`s PA gets bail in molestation case
Mumbai: Personal Assistant of Maharashtra
minister for medical education Vijay Kumar Gawit arrested
yesterday for allegedly molesting a woman journalist, was
on Saturday granted bail by a local court, police said.
Vishnu Patil (42), working as a personal assistant to
the minister for over three years, was arrested last night by
Chembur police on charges of molestation following a complaint
filed by the woman journalist working with a web portal,
"He (Patil) was produced before a court in Bhoiwada
which granted him bail on personal bond of Rs 15,000," B B
Rathod, senior Inspector at Chembur police station said.
According to police, the 28-year-old woman had
recently approached Patil seeking his help in transfer of her
friends, who are working as nurses in different hospitals, to
the places of their choice.
According to police, Patil was in touch with the
victim over phone since she met him in the first week of this
"Yesterday, Patil asked her to meet at suburban Dadar
but the victim agreed to meet him at Chembur. After they met,
the two went to a bar where the accused consumed beer," Rathod
Police said that Patil started misbehaving with the
woman and even tried to touch her inappropriately following
which she rang up the police for help who then apprehended him
from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail