Maha mulls auctioning VIP numbers for vehicles
Mumbai: In view of the growing demand for VIP numbers for vehicles, the Maharashtra Government is planning to auction VIP numbers to bring in more transparency as well as revenue.
Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Devkar said, the proposal is under government`s consideration.
According to the minister, government charges between Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000 for VIP numbers.
"However, the demand is growing and officials in the Transport Department feel that, if the numbers are auctioned, there would be more transparency and bring more revenue to the
government treasury," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert