Maha NCP chief hints at organisational rejig
Mumbai: The newly-appointed president of Maharashtra NCP Bhaskar Jadhav on Tuesday hinted at organisational reshuffle to give opportunity to new faces at the grass root level.
"There are many office-bearers holding several organisational posts, while some are in the same post for several years. My main thrust will be organisational strengthening to get maximum results in the Lok Sabha elections," Jadhav said.
However, he made it clear that any decision on the organisational changes will happen after detailed consultations.
"At tomorrow`s meeting, I will interact with the district unit chiefs regarding organisational strengthening and decisions will be taken accordingly," he said.
Jadhav said he will undertake statewide tours from next month to interact with the party workers.
Jadhav has convened a meeting of the state NCP tomorrow to discuss strategy for organisational strengthening and preparations for the Lok Sabha and assembly elections scheduled next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror