Maha NCP chief hints at organisational rejig
Mumbai: The newly-appointed president of Maharashtra NCP Bhaskar Jadhav on Tuesday hinted at organisational reshuffle to give opportunity to new faces at the grass root level.
"There are many office-bearers holding several organisational posts, while some are in the same post for several years. My main thrust will be organisational strengthening to get maximum results in the Lok Sabha elections," Jadhav said.
However, he made it clear that any decision on the organisational changes will happen after detailed consultations.
"At tomorrow`s meeting, I will interact with the district unit chiefs regarding organisational strengthening and decisions will be taken accordingly," he said.
Jadhav said he will undertake statewide tours from next month to interact with the party workers.
Jadhav has convened a meeting of the state NCP tomorrow to discuss strategy for organisational strengthening and preparations for the Lok Sabha and assembly elections scheduled next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins