Maha NCP minister`s wife booked for forging documents
Jalna: NCP leader and Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister Rajesh Tope`s wife Manisha was among 34 others booked on Saturday for allegedly forging land documents, police said.
A case has been registered under various sections of Indian Penal Code against Manisha Tope and others, including developers from Jalna, Hyderabad, Mumbai besides the officials of department of Land Records who allegedly sanctioned the construction activity on the 13-acre of land owned by Shaikh Hamid Fakir Mohammad, a resident of Shakuntla village in the district, they said.
An order in this regard was passed by the court of Jalna Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) two days back, following which the case was registered in Kadim Jalna police station today.
Shaikh had initially approached the police on February 12 alleging that the accused had carried out construction on 13-acre of land over last three years. He moved the court after police refused to register the case.
According to police, the accused formed `Kuber Group Construction Company` for building houses on the said land. However, the company had claimed that it "purchased" the land from Shaikh.
Speaking to reporters, Rajesh Tope though agreed that his wife has had 10 percent investment in the project denied the allegations of forgery.
"The truth will come out soon. All charges against Manisha are false," he told reporters.
Tope was given the additional charge of Energy portfolio held by Ajit Pawar who recently stepped down as deputy chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday