Maha: NCP puts off Vadodara national conclave owing to rains
Mumbai: NCP Thursday postponed till further notice its scheduled national convention beginning September 15 at Vadodara in Gujarat due to "heavy rains".
"The convention has been put off following heavy rains there," former Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Madan Bafna said.
As per the schedule announced earlier, the party chief and union agriculture minister Sharad Pawar was supposed to preside over the two-day event to be attended by 2380 delegates from across the country.
Prominent among agendas of the now postponed meeting were moving a political and economic resolution, election of the national president and members of the National Working Committee among other issues, sources said.
With the deferment, the extended working committee meeting of the party, scheduled on September 15 and the national delegates session on September 16, too will not take place till further notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof