Maha: NCP puts off Vadodara national conclave owing to rains
Mumbai: NCP Thursday postponed till further notice its scheduled national convention beginning September 15 at Vadodara in Gujarat due to "heavy rains".
"The convention has been put off following heavy rains there," former Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Madan Bafna said.
As per the schedule announced earlier, the party chief and union agriculture minister Sharad Pawar was supposed to preside over the two-day event to be attended by 2380 delegates from across the country.
Prominent among agendas of the now postponed meeting were moving a political and economic resolution, election of the national president and members of the National Working Committee among other issues, sources said.
With the deferment, the extended working committee meeting of the party, scheduled on September 15 and the national delegates session on September 16, too will not take place till further notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!