Maha: NCP puts off Vadodara national conclave owing to rains
Mumbai: NCP Thursday postponed till further notice its scheduled national convention beginning September 15 at Vadodara in Gujarat due to "heavy rains".
"The convention has been put off following heavy rains there," former Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Madan Bafna said.
As per the schedule announced earlier, the party chief and union agriculture minister Sharad Pawar was supposed to preside over the two-day event to be attended by 2380 delegates from across the country.
Prominent among agendas of the now postponed meeting were moving a political and economic resolution, election of the national president and members of the National Working Committee among other issues, sources said.
With the deferment, the extended working committee meeting of the party, scheduled on September 15 and the national delegates session on September 16, too will not take place till further notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report