Maha: NCP puts off Vadodara national conclave owing to rains
Mumbai: NCP Thursday postponed till further notice its scheduled national convention beginning September 15 at Vadodara in Gujarat due to "heavy rains".
"The convention has been put off following heavy rains there," former Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Madan Bafna said.
As per the schedule announced earlier, the party chief and union agriculture minister Sharad Pawar was supposed to preside over the two-day event to be attended by 2380 delegates from across the country.
Prominent among agendas of the now postponed meeting were moving a political and economic resolution, election of the national president and members of the National Working Committee among other issues, sources said.
With the deferment, the extended working committee meeting of the party, scheduled on September 15 and the national delegates session on September 16, too will not take place till further notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL