Maha NCP vice president joins Shiv Sena
Thane: Even as the Congress and NCP are
wrangling over forging an alliance for the upcoming civic
polls in Maharashtra, the vice president of the state NCP unit
has quit the party and joined Shiv Sena.
Dashrath Patil joined the saffron party yesterday in
presence of its executive president Uddhav Thackeray at
Matoshree, the residence of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray in
Patil cited "indifferent attitude" of the NCP MLA
Jitendra Awhad towards party leaders and workers as the reason
behind his decision.
Awhad is an MLA from Kalwa-Mumbra constituency.
Sitting corporator of NCP Yogesh Patil and former
corporator Surekha Patil also crossed over to Shiv Sena along
Meanwhile, deputy chairman of the Maharashtra
Legislative Council Vasant Davkhare, who is known to be the
arch rival of Awhad, today held a meeting of the corporators
who owe allegiance to him, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections