Maha NCP vice president joins Shiv Sena
Thane: Even as the Congress and NCP are
wrangling over forging an alliance for the upcoming civic
polls in Maharashtra, the vice president of the state NCP unit
has quit the party and joined Shiv Sena.
Dashrath Patil joined the saffron party yesterday in
presence of its executive president Uddhav Thackeray at
Matoshree, the residence of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray in
Patil cited "indifferent attitude" of the NCP MLA
Jitendra Awhad towards party leaders and workers as the reason
behind his decision.
Awhad is an MLA from Kalwa-Mumbra constituency.
Sitting corporator of NCP Yogesh Patil and former
corporator Surekha Patil also crossed over to Shiv Sena along
Meanwhile, deputy chairman of the Maharashtra
Legislative Council Vasant Davkhare, who is known to be the
arch rival of Awhad, today held a meeting of the corporators
who owe allegiance to him, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video