Maha NCP vice president joins Shiv Sena
Thane: Even as the Congress and NCP are
wrangling over forging an alliance for the upcoming civic
polls in Maharashtra, the vice president of the state NCP unit
has quit the party and joined Shiv Sena.
Dashrath Patil joined the saffron party yesterday in
presence of its executive president Uddhav Thackeray at
Matoshree, the residence of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray in
Patil cited "indifferent attitude" of the NCP MLA
Jitendra Awhad towards party leaders and workers as the reason
behind his decision.
Awhad is an MLA from Kalwa-Mumbra constituency.
Sitting corporator of NCP Yogesh Patil and former
corporator Surekha Patil also crossed over to Shiv Sena along
Meanwhile, deputy chairman of the Maharashtra
Legislative Council Vasant Davkhare, who is known to be the
arch rival of Awhad, today held a meeting of the corporators
who owe allegiance to him, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed