Maha NCP vice president joins Shiv Sena
Thane: Even as the Congress and NCP are
wrangling over forging an alliance for the upcoming civic
polls in Maharashtra, the vice president of the state NCP unit
has quit the party and joined Shiv Sena.
Dashrath Patil joined the saffron party yesterday in
presence of its executive president Uddhav Thackeray at
Matoshree, the residence of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray in
Patil cited "indifferent attitude" of the NCP MLA
Jitendra Awhad towards party leaders and workers as the reason
behind his decision.
Awhad is an MLA from Kalwa-Mumbra constituency.
Sitting corporator of NCP Yogesh Patil and former
corporator Surekha Patil also crossed over to Shiv Sena along
Meanwhile, deputy chairman of the Maharashtra
Legislative Council Vasant Davkhare, who is known to be the
arch rival of Awhad, today held a meeting of the corporators
who owe allegiance to him, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh