Maha: No wait list for jobs to kin of terror victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has decided to provide jobs on priority basis to a family member of the state employees, who fall to terrorist activities while on duty.
"The employment will be with immediate effect as per the availability of the post and without a waiting list," Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here today.
As per the 2007 government resolution, recruitment for jobs to be provided on compassionate grounds, are done from a waiting list.
"Because of the list, those from families of officers and employees who are killed while on duty, do not get employment on time," he said, adding that the new rule will be applicable to officers and employees from grade 1 to 4.
According to the new rule, kin of those killed in naxalite or terror attacks will be given priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant