Maha oppn demands suspension of Mumbai Univ`s VC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Council was adjourned twice on Thursday after the Opposition strongly demanded suspension of Mumbai University`s Vice-Chancellor Rajan Welukar for a series of good-ups.
Soon after the debate on the Budget got over, Shiv Sena’s
Deepak Sawant through point of order apprised the House about
blunders committed by the university recently including
leaking of a paper in the university exam.
"Some students did not receive hall tickets on time, some
students complained of change in examination centres without
intimation. Besides, there was a paper leak," he lamented.
Demanding immediate suspension of Welukar, Opposition
MLCs Vinod Tawade, Diwakar Raote, Ramdas Kadam, Neelam Gorhe
among others went to the well of the House and shouted slogans
vidyapeeth bachao, Welukar hatao (Save the University and
The Opposition MLCs also demanded the Higher and
Technical Education Minister Rajesh Tope to make the
announcement of Welukar’s suspension today itself, leading to
adjournment of the House twice.
The proceedings of the House began after Tope assured
the House that the sentiments of the legislators would be
conveyed to the Governor K Sankarnarayan who is also the
Chancellor of the Universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why