Maha oppn demands suspension of Mumbai Univ`s VC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Council was adjourned twice on Thursday after the Opposition strongly demanded suspension of Mumbai University`s Vice-Chancellor Rajan Welukar for a series of good-ups.
Soon after the debate on the Budget got over, Shiv Sena’s
Deepak Sawant through point of order apprised the House about
blunders committed by the university recently including
leaking of a paper in the university exam.
"Some students did not receive hall tickets on time, some
students complained of change in examination centres without
intimation. Besides, there was a paper leak," he lamented.
Demanding immediate suspension of Welukar, Opposition
MLCs Vinod Tawade, Diwakar Raote, Ramdas Kadam, Neelam Gorhe
among others went to the well of the House and shouted slogans
vidyapeeth bachao, Welukar hatao (Save the University and
The Opposition MLCs also demanded the Higher and
Technical Education Minister Rajesh Tope to make the
announcement of Welukar’s suspension today itself, leading to
adjournment of the House twice.
The proceedings of the House began after Tope assured
the House that the sentiments of the legislators would be
conveyed to the Governor K Sankarnarayan who is also the
Chancellor of the Universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof