Maha Oppn parties to boycott CM`s tea party
Nagpur: The opposition parties in Maharashtra
on Sunday boycotted the customary tea party hosted by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of commencement of
winter session of the state legislature here.
Announcing the decision, Leader of Opposition in the
Eknath Khadse (BJP)said the Democratic Front government has
miserably failed to solve the crisis being faced by the
cotton, soyabin and rice growers in the state and also failed
to check the rise in the number of suicides by farmers,
prompting them to boycott the tea party.
Khadse also said the opposition parties would not allow
the ruling alliance to run the house unless the government
comes out with relief package for cotton, soya and paddy
Raj Thackeray-led MNS which had attended CM`s tea party
last year has also decided to stay away this time, the party`s
group leader Bala Nandgaokar said.
Last year Shiv Sena had objected to the presence of MNS
in the opposition camp. But this time MNS is part of the
opposition and its group leader Nandgaokar was present at
Khadse`s press briefing alongside Shiv Sena group leader
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket