Maha opposition boycotts Chavan`s tea party
Mumbai: Blaming the state government over
deteriorating law and order situation, the Opposition parties
on Sunday boycotted the customary tea party hosted by Maharashtra
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of the monsoon
session of state legislature beginning from Monday.
"The entire opposition will put forth various issues like
the recent July 13 bomb blasts, atrocities against women and
wholesome deteriorating law and order situation", said
Eknath Khadse, Leader of Opposition in the state assembly.
He further alleged that even after two weeks of the
serial blasts, the government has not been able to nab the
"Government intelligence has failed and there is a cause
of concern among the common people on the increase in crime
rate," he added.
Khadse also said instances of atrocities like gang
rapes, dacoity have risen tremendously. The anti-social
elements do not fear the government.
When asked whether the opposition would demand
resignation of Home Minister RR Patil, Khadse replied,
"Entire government should do so. What`s the use of demanding
his resignation alone as it would not serve the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video