Maha opposition boycotts Chavan`s tea party
Mumbai: Blaming the state government over
deteriorating law and order situation, the Opposition parties
on Sunday boycotted the customary tea party hosted by Maharashtra
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the eve of the monsoon
session of state legislature beginning from Monday.
"The entire opposition will put forth various issues like
the recent July 13 bomb blasts, atrocities against women and
wholesome deteriorating law and order situation", said
Eknath Khadse, Leader of Opposition in the state assembly.
He further alleged that even after two weeks of the
serial blasts, the government has not been able to nab the
"Government intelligence has failed and there is a cause
of concern among the common people on the increase in crime
rate," he added.
Khadse also said instances of atrocities like gang
rapes, dacoity have risen tremendously. The anti-social
elements do not fear the government.
When asked whether the opposition would demand
resignation of Home Minister RR Patil, Khadse replied,
"Entire government should do so. What`s the use of demanding
his resignation alone as it would not serve the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?