Maha opposition: Have enough ammunition for session
Mumbai: The six-week budget session of the Maharashtra Legislature, to begin here from Thursday, is likely to see the opposition targeting the government aggressively on the issue of corruption.
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde (BJP), told reporters on Monday that the court directives in the case of disproportionate assets against former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh, tardy investigation of Adarsh Society scam, and the recent arrest of Congress leader Kanhaiyalal Gidwani for allegedly trying to influence the Adarsh probe would be prominent issues.
The High Court decisions in Hiranandani township and IPS officers cases were a comment on the state government`s functioning, he said, adding that "opposition has enough ammunition".
Tawde described Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan as a "weak CM", alleging that his authority had been dented by Congress`s dismal performance in the recent local bodies` elections, especially in Mumbai.
He also said that the Congress-NCP government had failed to tackle the acute water shortage and drinking water scarcity in many parts of the state. The opposition will also put the government on the mat for dismal performance in the education sector, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!