Maha opposition: Have enough ammunition for session
Mumbai: The six-week budget session of the Maharashtra Legislature, to begin here from Thursday, is likely to see the opposition targeting the government aggressively on the issue of corruption.
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde (BJP), told reporters on Monday that the court directives in the case of disproportionate assets against former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh, tardy investigation of Adarsh Society scam, and the recent arrest of Congress leader Kanhaiyalal Gidwani for allegedly trying to influence the Adarsh probe would be prominent issues.
The High Court decisions in Hiranandani township and IPS officers cases were a comment on the state government`s functioning, he said, adding that "opposition has enough ammunition".
Tawde described Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan as a "weak CM", alleging that his authority had been dented by Congress`s dismal performance in the recent local bodies` elections, especially in Mumbai.
He also said that the Congress-NCP government had failed to tackle the acute water shortage and drinking water scarcity in many parts of the state. The opposition will also put the government on the mat for dismal performance in the education sector, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!