Maha opposition: Have enough ammunition for session
Mumbai: The six-week budget session of the Maharashtra Legislature, to begin here from Thursday, is likely to see the opposition targeting the government aggressively on the issue of corruption.
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde (BJP), told reporters on Monday that the court directives in the case of disproportionate assets against former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh, tardy investigation of Adarsh Society scam, and the recent arrest of Congress leader Kanhaiyalal Gidwani for allegedly trying to influence the Adarsh probe would be prominent issues.
The High Court decisions in Hiranandani township and IPS officers cases were a comment on the state government`s functioning, he said, adding that "opposition has enough ammunition".
Tawde described Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan as a "weak CM", alleging that his authority had been dented by Congress`s dismal performance in the recent local bodies` elections, especially in Mumbai.
He also said that the Congress-NCP government had failed to tackle the acute water shortage and drinking water scarcity in many parts of the state. The opposition will also put the government on the mat for dismal performance in the education sector, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read