Maha opposition leader`s son commits suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The son of Eknath Khadse, leader of opposition in Maharashtra, reportedly succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday after he shot himself in Jalgaon.
Nikhil Khadse had sustained bullet injuries in the head and his condition was reported to be critical.
He was admitted to the hospital by family members. The doctors later declared him dead, as per news reports.
The motive behind the drastic step is not known, though it is rumoured that Nikhil was not keeping well for over a year.
Nikhil, in his mid-30s, is a member of the Jalgaon Zilla Parishad, around 415 km to the east of Mumbai, and had contested the 2009 Maharashtra Assembly elections.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti