Maha opposition leader`s son commits suicide
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The son of Eknath Khadse, leader of opposition in Maharashtra, reportedly succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday after he shot himself in Jalgaon.
Nikhil Khadse had sustained bullet injuries in the head and his condition was reported to be critical.
He was admitted to the hospital by family members. The doctors later declared him dead, as per news reports.
The motive behind the drastic step is not known, though it is rumoured that Nikhil was not keeping well for over a year.
Nikhil, in his mid-30s, is a member of the Jalgaon Zilla Parishad, around 415 km to the east of Mumbai, and had contested the 2009 Maharashtra Assembly elections.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions