Maha: Police constable killed in Naxal attack
Gondia: A young Police Constable
was killed in a Naxal attack on Thursday morning near here in Eastern
Maharashtra, police sources said.
Manoj Atmaram Binzade (28) lost his life in an ambush
by the Maoists near village Dhamditola, located on the border
of Gondia and Gadchiroli districts, they said.
The extremists, numbering 12 to 15, attacked a five-
member police party which had gone to Dhamditola to remove
banners put up by the Naxals, the sources said.
Another Constable was reportedly injured.
Local police, accompanied by jawans of C60, a special
anti-Naxal force, have launched a combing operation in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars