Maha: Police constable killed in Naxal attack
Gondia: A young Police Constable
was killed in a Naxal attack on Thursday morning near here in Eastern
Maharashtra, police sources said.
Manoj Atmaram Binzade (28) lost his life in an ambush
by the Maoists near village Dhamditola, located on the border
of Gondia and Gadchiroli districts, they said.
The extremists, numbering 12 to 15, attacked a five-
member police party which had gone to Dhamditola to remove
banners put up by the Naxals, the sources said.
Another Constable was reportedly injured.
Local police, accompanied by jawans of C60, a special
anti-Naxal force, have launched a combing operation in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16