Maha Police for greater coordination with para-military forces
Nagpur: Maharashtra Police are planning for greater coordination with para-military forces and would adopt a new strategy to tackle the Naxal menace in the eastern part
of state, Director General of Police, D Shivanandan has said.
The police will adopt a new counter strategy to deal with Naxalism and it will be a more focused operation, Shivanandan said on his return from Gadchiroli where four securitymen including a CRPF inspector were killed in landmine blast three
"Few battalions of CRPF have been deployed in Gadchiroli district and we had a detailed discussion with the new CRPF chief on Naxal menace,", he told reporters yesterday adding the police are planning greater coordination with the para-military force.
The State Police Chief while declining to reveal more on strategy and deployment of forces said that the police were conducting investigation into the killings of the four
Responding to a query, he said the Police were in the process of acquiring an helicopter for airlifting the injured policemen and also for sending reinforcement.
Shivanandan earlier visited Gadchiroli and paid tribute to the slain securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4