Maha Police for greater coordination with para-military forces
Nagpur: Maharashtra Police are planning for greater coordination with para-military forces and would adopt a new strategy to tackle the Naxal menace in the eastern part
of state, Director General of Police, D Shivanandan has said.
The police will adopt a new counter strategy to deal with Naxalism and it will be a more focused operation, Shivanandan said on his return from Gadchiroli where four securitymen including a CRPF inspector were killed in landmine blast three
"Few battalions of CRPF have been deployed in Gadchiroli district and we had a detailed discussion with the new CRPF chief on Naxal menace,", he told reporters yesterday adding the police are planning greater coordination with the para-military force.
The State Police Chief while declining to reveal more on strategy and deployment of forces said that the police were conducting investigation into the killings of the four
Responding to a query, he said the Police were in the process of acquiring an helicopter for airlifting the injured policemen and also for sending reinforcement.
Shivanandan earlier visited Gadchiroli and paid tribute to the slain securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday