Maha Police for greater coordination with para-military forces
Nagpur: Maharashtra Police are planning for greater coordination with para-military forces and would adopt a new strategy to tackle the Naxal menace in the eastern part
of state, Director General of Police, D Shivanandan has said.
The police will adopt a new counter strategy to deal with Naxalism and it will be a more focused operation, Shivanandan said on his return from Gadchiroli where four securitymen including a CRPF inspector were killed in landmine blast three
"Few battalions of CRPF have been deployed in Gadchiroli district and we had a detailed discussion with the new CRPF chief on Naxal menace,", he told reporters yesterday adding the police are planning greater coordination with the para-military force.
The State Police Chief while declining to reveal more on strategy and deployment of forces said that the police were conducting investigation into the killings of the four
Responding to a query, he said the Police were in the process of acquiring an helicopter for airlifting the injured policemen and also for sending reinforcement.
Shivanandan earlier visited Gadchiroli and paid tribute to the slain securitymen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video