Maha poll panel to test `voting day result` plan
Sangli: The State Election Commission will tomorrow launch a pilot project to declare result on the same day of voting.
The project will be launched during the voting for Sangli-Miraj-Kupwad Municipal Corporation, State Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan said here in Western Maharashtra.
It will be implemented in civic Ward No. 22, where result will be declared within a few hours after the voting ends, she said.
It is probably the first of its kind experiment in the country, Satyanarayan said, adding it the pilot project succeeds, it will be implemented in most of the upcoming elections.
A total of 422 candidates are in the fray for 78 seats in the corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand