Maha: Revenue official`s jeep set afire
Gadchiroli: Unidentified miscreants set afire the government jeep allotted to a revenue official (tehsildar) of Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district early on Friday, police said.
"The jeep, set afire around 2 am on Friday, was allotted to Mulchera tehsil`s officer Shrikant Patil. Locals said they only saw the vehicle burning after which they raised an alarm", sub-divisional police officer Hemraj Rajput said.
"But nobody saw who set the jeep on fire. Initial investigations show that the jeep was doused with petrol and then set afire.”
"We are investigating whether the burning of the jeep was an outcome of any professional animosity", he added.
Mulchera is around 80 km from the district headquarters of Gadchiroli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'