Maha RSS leader Kacharu Sahane passes away
Ahmednagar: RSS Maharashtra Prant Sanghchalak Kacharu Shankar Sahane died at private hospital here today, family sources said.
Sahane, 73, is survived by a son and daughter.
He had joined the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh quite early in life and worked hard to connect rural masses and agrarian community to the Sangh.
A well known historian, he taught history at a college.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat called Sahane`s family and expressed grief over his demise.
The funeral will be performed in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter