Maha Speaker to initiate action against BJP leader
Mumbai: Terming as "baseless" BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya`s allegations of corruption in the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Thursday said he would initiate legal action against the former MP.
"I have no stake in Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation and charges levelled against me by the BJP leader Kirit Somaiya are baseless and not adhering to the facts.
"I would not have even bothered to clarify about the misleading statements made by Somaiya. But, few newspapers and television channels have carried news reports/articles in which my name was mentioned as one of the beneficiaries," he said.
Refuting all the charges against him, Patil said, "They are improper, baseless and might even be politically motivated. Also in order to take action against Somaiya for unnecessarily dragging my name and maligning my image, I have decided to initiate legal process against the BJP leader".
Somaiya had alleged at a press conference yesterday that the state government had diluted its stake in MKCL at a throwaway price and mentioned Patil as one of the beneficiaries and demanded SIT probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister