Maha Speaker to initiate action against BJP leader
Mumbai: Terming as "baseless" BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya`s allegations of corruption in the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Thursday said he would initiate legal action against the former MP.
"I have no stake in Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation and charges levelled against me by the BJP leader Kirit Somaiya are baseless and not adhering to the facts.
"I would not have even bothered to clarify about the misleading statements made by Somaiya. But, few newspapers and television channels have carried news reports/articles in which my name was mentioned as one of the beneficiaries," he said.
Refuting all the charges against him, Patil said, "They are improper, baseless and might even be politically motivated. Also in order to take action against Somaiya for unnecessarily dragging my name and maligning my image, I have decided to initiate legal process against the BJP leader".
Somaiya had alleged at a press conference yesterday that the state government had diluted its stake in MKCL at a throwaway price and mentioned Patil as one of the beneficiaries and demanded SIT probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred