Maha: Special cell to monitor CAG report findings
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Wednesday said that a special cell would be set up to monitor implementation of recommendations made by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in its report which was tabled in the Legislative Assembly today.
The cell, to be set up in the planning department, will also monitor the findings of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on the controversial land allotments in Maharashtra. The report was tabled in the assembly yesterday.
"The need of the hour is to instill discipline in the bureaucracy so that there is control on the officials for implementing the rules and ensuring that there are no losses to the government," Pawar said.
Earlier, while tabling the PAC report for year 2005, the committee chairman and BJP legislator Girish Bapat said that in five years, there have been 101 meetings and the committee submitted eight reports.
"We made 496 recommendations and the government should have submitted an Action Taken Report (ATR) on them within six months. However, action has been taken only on 212 recommendations," he said.
Bapat complained of non co-operation on part of the secretaries as they "deliberately" do not respond to the PAC`s summons.
He said out of the 25 PAC members, only five to seven members regularly participate in its meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'