Maha SSC results; girls outshine boys again
Mumbai: Like in HSC exams, Maharashtra
girls students have again fared better than boys at the SSC
exam, results of which were declared on Thursday.
The passing percentage of girls is 85, compared to
boys` 82.44. The overall pass percentage in the state is
83.26. Mumbai division is on top in the list of eight SSC
board divisions in the state.
About 16.2 lakh SSC students, including 3.5 lakh from
Mumbai, appeared for the exam in eight divisions -- Pune,
Nagpur, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Kolhapur, Amravati, Nashik and
Latur -- in Maharashtra, in March this year.
The results have been prepared on the basis of the
?best-of-five? policy. It means that students will get the
best five scores and the percentage along with the score in
the sixth subject.
However, the admission process is not expected to
begin as per schedule because the the `best-of-five? policy
has been challenged in court.
Mumbai division`s passing percentage is 89.52 whereas
Pune Division is close at 89.23 and Amravati third at 89.06.
Overall passing percentage of fresh candidates in the
Maharashtra SSC board is 83.26.
Nashik division that topped the HSC exams earlier this
year, scored a passing percentage of 87.99. Latur Division is
the lowest with 46.70. Girl students outshine boys in all the eight
divisions. The results were made available on Internet and
also through mobile via SMS. The mark sheets would be given to
This is the first time the Maharashtra SSC Board has
calculated students` result on the basis of `Best of Five`
However, the Bombay High Court has asked it not to
start the admission process for Class 11th under this formula
without its permission. The Court has given the state
education board time till June 18 to file its reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog