Maha SSC results; girls outshine boys again
Mumbai: Like in HSC exams, Maharashtra
girls students have again fared better than boys at the SSC
exam, results of which were declared on Thursday.
The passing percentage of girls is 85, compared to
boys` 82.44. The overall pass percentage in the state is
83.26. Mumbai division is on top in the list of eight SSC
board divisions in the state.
About 16.2 lakh SSC students, including 3.5 lakh from
Mumbai, appeared for the exam in eight divisions -- Pune,
Nagpur, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Kolhapur, Amravati, Nashik and
Latur -- in Maharashtra, in March this year.
The results have been prepared on the basis of the
?best-of-five? policy. It means that students will get the
best five scores and the percentage along with the score in
the sixth subject.
However, the admission process is not expected to
begin as per schedule because the the `best-of-five? policy
has been challenged in court.
Mumbai division`s passing percentage is 89.52 whereas
Pune Division is close at 89.23 and Amravati third at 89.06.
Overall passing percentage of fresh candidates in the
Maharashtra SSC board is 83.26.
Nashik division that topped the HSC exams earlier this
year, scored a passing percentage of 87.99. Latur Division is
the lowest with 46.70. Girl students outshine boys in all the eight
divisions. The results were made available on Internet and
also through mobile via SMS. The mark sheets would be given to
This is the first time the Maharashtra SSC Board has
calculated students` result on the basis of `Best of Five`
However, the Bombay High Court has asked it not to
start the admission process for Class 11th under this formula
without its permission. The Court has given the state
education board time till June 18 to file its reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'