Maha SSC results; girls outshine boys again
Mumbai: Like in HSC exams, Maharashtra
girls students have again fared better than boys at the SSC
exam, results of which were declared on Thursday.
The passing percentage of girls is 85, compared to
boys` 82.44. The overall pass percentage in the state is
83.26. Mumbai division is on top in the list of eight SSC
board divisions in the state.
About 16.2 lakh SSC students, including 3.5 lakh from
Mumbai, appeared for the exam in eight divisions -- Pune,
Nagpur, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Kolhapur, Amravati, Nashik and
Latur -- in Maharashtra, in March this year.
The results have been prepared on the basis of the
?best-of-five? policy. It means that students will get the
best five scores and the percentage along with the score in
the sixth subject.
However, the admission process is not expected to
begin as per schedule because the the `best-of-five? policy
has been challenged in court.
Mumbai division`s passing percentage is 89.52 whereas
Pune Division is close at 89.23 and Amravati third at 89.06.
Overall passing percentage of fresh candidates in the
Maharashtra SSC board is 83.26.
Nashik division that topped the HSC exams earlier this
year, scored a passing percentage of 87.99. Latur Division is
the lowest with 46.70. Girl students outshine boys in all the eight
divisions. The results were made available on Internet and
also through mobile via SMS. The mark sheets would be given to
This is the first time the Maharashtra SSC Board has
calculated students` result on the basis of `Best of Five`
However, the Bombay High Court has asked it not to
start the admission process for Class 11th under this formula
without its permission. The Court has given the state
education board time till June 18 to file its reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...