Maha: Sudarshan`s eyes donated
Nagpur: The eyes of former RSS chief K S Sudarshan, who passed away following a heart attack in Raipur Saturday, have been donated.
Sudarshan had pledged his eyes to Madhav Netra Pidhi (Eye Bank), run by an RSS-affiliated organization, at Raipur.
Accordingly his corneas were removed post-death, which would be grafted in the eyes of a needy person, RSS functionary Ravindra Joshi said.
Joshi also said that the RSS veteran was against surgical intervention, despite the diagnosis of his heart condition.
Instead, he relied on traditional treatment, such as diet consisting of bitter gourd (lauki) juice, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report