Maha: Sudarshan`s eyes donated
Nagpur: The eyes of former RSS chief K S Sudarshan, who passed away following a heart attack in Raipur Saturday, have been donated.
Sudarshan had pledged his eyes to Madhav Netra Pidhi (Eye Bank), run by an RSS-affiliated organization, at Raipur.
Accordingly his corneas were removed post-death, which would be grafted in the eyes of a needy person, RSS functionary Ravindra Joshi said.
Joshi also said that the RSS veteran was against surgical intervention, despite the diagnosis of his heart condition.
Instead, he relied on traditional treatment, such as diet consisting of bitter gourd (lauki) juice, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'