Maha to adopt Sibal`s CET model from 2013: Min
Jalna: Maharashtra will adopt the single common entrance test (CET) model for admissions to engineering colleges, including the Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs) and National Institute of Technologies (NITs), from 2013, state technical education minister Rajesh Tope said on Monday.
"A proposal in this regard has been prepared and will soon be presented to the state Cabinet for its approval," Tope told a press conference here.
The new format suggested by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal for admission to all central government-funded engineering institutions - IITs, NITs, IIITs etc, proposes one common entrance test, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), which will replace the old IIT-JEE and AIEEE.
"Maharashtra government will give 50 percent weightage to marks scored by students of both English and non-English medium schools in their class XII exam", Tope said.
The minister said that day and night classes have been started in the state polytechnic colleges for the students from minority communities.
Tope said that the government will initiate measures to tackle the deficient rain condition in the district and ensure that agricultural power connection are not disconnected by the state utilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!