`Maha to bring anti-landmine tech to fight Naxals`
Gadchiroli: A day after a Naxal attack left 12 CRPF personnel dead and another 28 wounded
here, the Maharashtra government on Wednesday vowed to give a
"befitting reply" to the ultras and said the security forces
will be equipped with best landmine detection technology.
"The best available anti-landmine technology in the
world will be brought in," Home Minister R R Patil told the
media after meeting some of the injured CRPF personnel at the
general hospital here in eastern Maharashtra.
The attack took place yesterday when the ultras triggered
a landmine blast which blew up a bus transporting 40 CRPF men
from Pushtola to Gatta village near here.
Patil said the blast was of very high intensity.
"Though the state police and CRPF men have been quite
alert, the Naxals are managing to successfully triggering
landmine blasts to target the security forces. Such powerful
blasts have to be avoided and for this the best available
technology in the world will be brought in," he said.
"The mistakes, if any, will be found and rectified. The
authorities have been asked to submit a detailed report in
this regard," the minister said.
Later, Patil speaking at a CRPF camp here commended the
personnel for rendering selfless service. "The CRPF personnel
should not consider themselves alone. The ten crore people of
Maharashtra are with you and the Naxals will be given
Patil asked the CRPF personnel to continue their fight
The Minister also chaired a high-level meeting with
senior officials of the police and district administration. He
took stock of the situation in the wake of the latest blast
and reviewed progress of anti-Naxal operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof