Maha to extend 103 - women helpline number services
Mumbai: Ahead of International Women`s Day,
Maharashtra government today announced that the two-year-old
special women`s helpline number operational only in the city
would be started in other parts of the state.
"In order to reduce crime against women, the state
government has decided to extend the service of 103 helpline
across the state," Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Chandra
"The helpline number was started by Mumbai police two
years ago in its jurisdiction. Now, the Home Minister has
agreed to start the helpline with the same number in other
parts of the state as well. It would be started soon," she
Iyengar was addressing a propramme held by the City
Police to create awareness about the `103` helpline number,
and intensify the fight against crime victimising women. The
service of the number later was also used for crime against
children and senior citizens.
The IAS officer has appealed to senior police officials
to give equal priority to crime against women and give the
complainants proper treatment when they approached them.
"I know police are overburdened. But after the complaint,
police should also oversee to the progress of the complaint
and bring it to its logical conclusion," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan