Maha to review security provided to Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said a committee headed by Chief Secretary will review the security provided to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
"The committee will take a review of the security cover provided to the late leader and a decision regarding maintaining or downsizing the security will be taken in two days," Patil told reporters.
He said a review of the threat perception to the Thackeray family will be taken before taking a decision to withdraw excess personnel.
Patil was responding to questions on the status of the Z Plus security cover provided to the Sena patriarch in view of terror threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP