Maha to review security provided to Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said a committee headed by Chief Secretary will review the security provided to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
"The committee will take a review of the security cover provided to the late leader and a decision regarding maintaining or downsizing the security will be taken in two days," Patil told reporters.
He said a review of the threat perception to the Thackeray family will be taken before taking a decision to withdraw excess personnel.
Patil was responding to questions on the status of the Z Plus security cover provided to the Sena patriarch in view of terror threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note