Maha to review security provided to Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said a committee headed by Chief Secretary will review the security provided to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
"The committee will take a review of the security cover provided to the late leader and a decision regarding maintaining or downsizing the security will be taken in two days," Patil told reporters.
He said a review of the threat perception to the Thackeray family will be taken before taking a decision to withdraw excess personnel.
Patil was responding to questions on the status of the Z Plus security cover provided to the Sena patriarch in view of terror threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!