Maha to review security provided to Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said a committee headed by Chief Secretary will review the security provided to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
"The committee will take a review of the security cover provided to the late leader and a decision regarding maintaining or downsizing the security will be taken in two days," Patil told reporters.
He said a review of the threat perception to the Thackeray family will be taken before taking a decision to withdraw excess personnel.
Patil was responding to questions on the status of the Z Plus security cover provided to the Sena patriarch in view of terror threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'