Maha to review security provided to Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday said a committee headed by Chief Secretary will review the security provided to late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
"The committee will take a review of the security cover provided to the late leader and a decision regarding maintaining or downsizing the security will be taken in two days," Patil told reporters.
He said a review of the threat perception to the Thackeray family will be taken before taking a decision to withdraw excess personnel.
Patil was responding to questions on the status of the Z Plus security cover provided to the Sena patriarch in view of terror threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"