Maha to strengthen vigilance cell of PCPNDT Act
Mumbai: In an effort to curb the menace
of sex selection tests on the unborn foetus, the Maharashtra
Government has called for applications to fill in six posts in
the vigilance cell for implementation of the Pre-Conception
and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act.
The State Health Society, Maharashtra under the
National Rural Urban Health Mission, has invited applications
from eligible candidates for posts of State Vigilance Officer
and State Legal officer, who will be based in Pune in the
State Family Welfare Bureau.
The vigilance officers will be given a salary of Rs
50,000 each. The eligibility required for these posts is
Retired Superintendent of Police/Deputy Commissioner of
Legal officer has to be a retired Deputy Director
Public prosecution, having minimum three years of experience
in handling legal matters.
Regional Technical Officer and Regional Legal officer
will be posted in the Nashik and Nagpur circles. Two officers
each will be appointed. Both have to be up to 65 years of age.
The Technical Officer will be a retired surgeon,
having minimum 3 years of experience of working as a district
appropriate authority for PCPNDT or as a retired medical
officer health of a corporation, having minimum experience of
three years of working as appropriate authority for PCPNDT.
Two officers each will be appointed as Regional
Technical officers and Regional Legal Officers.
The regional legal officer has to be a retired
assistant public prosecutor having minimum experience in
handling legal matters.
The salary for Technical and Regional officers will be
Rs 36,000 each.
The selected candidates will be given appointment for
12 months and will be extended, if the performance is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!