Maha: Two tribal kids die of snake bite
Gondia: Two tribal children of a shelter home in Makardhokda village in this east Maharashtra district on Thursday died allegedly of snake bite while four others are hospitalised in serious condition.
While Tomesh Bartu Thatmurra (6) reportedly died at the rural hospital in Deori, Bhojraj Punau Marai (6) on his way to the Gondia hospital after a poisonous snake bit as many as eight boarders of the Swami Ramkrishna Tribal Hostel, run by Krishna Sahyogi Tantra Shikshan Sanstha, an unaided educational institution, sources said.
The condition of Mahesh Uike (11), Nitin Puram (13) Nutan Tumreki (10) and Kapil Sonar (12) is reported to be serious.
According to sources, the incident came to light in the wee hours today following which two attendants at the hostel, with the help of two teachers, rushed the children to the local hospital.
Though on duty doctor at Deori hospital, Dr Bhongade confirmed that the two children died of a snake bite, he said some of the kids admitted in the hospital were suffering from "fever".
Meanwhile, hostel superintendent, identified only as Baviskar, and the staff feigned ignorance about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...