Maha undecided on raising cheap LPG cap for special categories
Nagpur: Maharashtra Government is yet to take a call on whether to restrict the supply of subsidised LPG cylinders for special categories to six per year or raise the mandatory cap.
"The government has not yet taken any policy decision on annual supply of LPG cylinders at subsidised rates as per the Central norms to ashramshalas, hostels, schools running mid-day meal scheme," Food and Civil Supplies Minister Anil Deshmukh said in the Legislative Council today.
He was responding to a starred question raised by Vinod Tawde of BJP and members Ramnath Mote among others.
The winter session of Maharashtra legislature is currently underway at Nagpur.
To a query, Deshmukh said the "teachers representatives" from Konkan region had submitted a detailed presentation to chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on the supply of LPG cylinders at subsidised rates and allowing them to shift to domestic gas cylinders instead of commercial ones.
"However, this matter is yet to be discussed by the government," the minister said.
Deshmukh said the decision to provide three LPG cylinders at subsidised rates to BPL people per year in addition to six cylinders required provisioning of Rs 1110 per cylinder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC
- England's Roy Hodgson dismisses report of Wayne Rooney-Jamie Vardy rift
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily