Maha undecided on raising cheap LPG cap for special categories
Nagpur: Maharashtra Government is yet to take a call on whether to restrict the supply of subsidised LPG cylinders for special categories to six per year or raise the mandatory cap.
"The government has not yet taken any policy decision on annual supply of LPG cylinders at subsidised rates as per the Central norms to ashramshalas, hostels, schools running mid-day meal scheme," Food and Civil Supplies Minister Anil Deshmukh said in the Legislative Council today.
He was responding to a starred question raised by Vinod Tawde of BJP and members Ramnath Mote among others.
The winter session of Maharashtra legislature is currently underway at Nagpur.
To a query, Deshmukh said the "teachers representatives" from Konkan region had submitted a detailed presentation to chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on the supply of LPG cylinders at subsidised rates and allowing them to shift to domestic gas cylinders instead of commercial ones.
"However, this matter is yet to be discussed by the government," the minister said.
Deshmukh said the decision to provide three LPG cylinders at subsidised rates to BPL people per year in addition to six cylinders required provisioning of Rs 1110 per cylinder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks