Maha, US security officials hold meet ahead of Obama visit
Mumbai: Ahead of US President Barack Obama`s arrival here next week, officials of the Maharashtra home department and city police on Tuesday held another closed-door meeting with American officials over the security arrangements for the high-profile visit.
"Though the final schedule of Obama`s visit to
different places in the city had not been revealed to us yet,
meetings on security arrangements had been going on for quite
some time now. Another meeting with American officials was
held today to discuss security-related issues," said a senior
Mani Bhavan, Marine Drive and the city`s red light
area Kamathipura are likely to figure in the itinerary of the
US President, he said.
However, American officials were advised to cancel
First Lady Michelle Obama`s visit to Kamathipura due to
security reasons, the official said.
"It would take at least a couple of days to get the
final schedule but as a precautionary measure, we are
sanitising the areas where Obama was likely to go."
The police have also started checking lodges and guest
houses. They plan to screen every person staying in the lodges
and guest houses in the vicinity of the Taj Mahal Palace,
where the US President will be staying.
Places like the Taj, Cafe Leopold and Colaba Causeway,
frequented by foreigners, will be checked, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today
- Watch video: Zeus the husky throws the most priceless tantrum; refuses get off the couch!
- Five killed as boiler bursts in private chemical company in Dombivli township
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers
- PM Modi-led govt completes two years; Facebook tracks his journey on social media