Maharashta Govt announces Rs 1 cr bounty for Naxal chief Ganapathy
New Delhi: In an unprecedented move, the Maharashtra Government has announced a cash reward of Rs one crore to anyone giving crucial information leading to arrest of chief of CPI (Maoist) Muppala Lakshman Rao alias Ganapathy.
Rs 60 lakh will also be given to the person who provides any information about any Politburo and central committee member of the Naxal group, which has been creating a reign of terror across nine states.
Official sources said the reward will be given by the Maharashtra government as per a latest policy.
65-year-old Ganapathy is one of country`s most wanted persons. Different states have announced different rewards for any information on him.
Apart from the CPI (Maoist) chief, about a dozen Politburo and central committee members have been evading police arrest for long.
Most of these Naxal leaders are believed to be hiding and shuttling in deep jungles of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!