Maharashta Govt announces Rs 1 cr bounty for Naxal chief Ganapathy
New Delhi: In an unprecedented move, the Maharashtra Government has announced a cash reward of Rs one crore to anyone giving crucial information leading to arrest of chief of CPI (Maoist) Muppala Lakshman Rao alias Ganapathy.
Rs 60 lakh will also be given to the person who provides any information about any Politburo and central committee member of the Naxal group, which has been creating a reign of terror across nine states.
Official sources said the reward will be given by the Maharashtra government as per a latest policy.
65-year-old Ganapathy is one of country`s most wanted persons. Different states have announced different rewards for any information on him.
Apart from the CPI (Maoist) chief, about a dozen Politburo and central committee members have been evading police arrest for long.
Most of these Naxal leaders are believed to be hiding and shuttling in deep jungles of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read