Maharashtra: 14 killed in road mishap
Osmanabad: As many as 14 persons were killed and five others seriously injured when the pick-up rickshaw carrying them collided with a container truck near Chorakhali village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra Tuesday, police said.
"The mishap occurred when their three-wheeler of Piaggio-make collided with the container truck coming from the opposite direction, killing the victims on the spot", SP Sachin Pati said.
All the victims hailed from Uplai village in Kalamb tehsil and were returning from Tuljapur, he said, adding that their identity is being established.
The driver of the container truck fled the spot after the accident, police said, adding that the injured were rushed to the district civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi