Maharashtra: 23 lakh new voters in the state
Mumbai: As many as 23 lakh people in
Maharashtra have registered themselves as new voters.
Out of the total new applications received, over three
lakh are from Mumbai alone, State Election Commissioner Neela
The final list of voters will be made available on
January 5, 2012, after which, the dates of elections in ten
municipal corporations, including Mumbai will be announced.
She said, the election dates will be announced next
month to allow new voters to register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'