Maharashtra: 23 lakh new voters in the state
Mumbai: As many as 23 lakh people in
Maharashtra have registered themselves as new voters.
Out of the total new applications received, over three
lakh are from Mumbai alone, State Election Commissioner Neela
The final list of voters will be made available on
January 5, 2012, after which, the dates of elections in ten
municipal corporations, including Mumbai will be announced.
She said, the election dates will be announced next
month to allow new voters to register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!