Maharashtra: 4 injured in LPG cylinder blast
Yavatmal (Maha): Four persons, including two senior citizens, were seriously injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a residence here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place at a bungalow in Bangar Nagar here, police said, adding that the intensity of the explosion was such that the walls collapsed.
The injured were identified as Sadashiv Lokhare (68), his wife Padma (65), their daughter-in-law Tanuja (28) and their neighbour Keshav Mandale (60). They have been admitted to a local hospital and are said to be in a critical condition, police added.
According to them, Tanuja found that there was no gas coming out of the cylinder. She informed her in-laws about it, who later called their neighbourer Keshav for help. When he tried to remove the regulator from the cylinder, it suddenly exploded.
District Guardian Minister Nitin Raut, sitting MLA Nilesh Parvekar, District Collector Ashwin Mudgal and others visited the blast site.
Raut has assured financial assistance from government and instructed the collector to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery