Maharashtra: 4 injured in LPG cylinder blast
Yavatmal (Maha): Four persons, including two senior citizens, were seriously injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a residence here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place at a bungalow in Bangar Nagar here, police said, adding that the intensity of the explosion was such that the walls collapsed.
The injured were identified as Sadashiv Lokhare (68), his wife Padma (65), their daughter-in-law Tanuja (28) and their neighbour Keshav Mandale (60). They have been admitted to a local hospital and are said to be in a critical condition, police added.
According to them, Tanuja found that there was no gas coming out of the cylinder. She informed her in-laws about it, who later called their neighbourer Keshav for help. When he tried to remove the regulator from the cylinder, it suddenly exploded.
District Guardian Minister Nitin Raut, sitting MLA Nilesh Parvekar, District Collector Ashwin Mudgal and others visited the blast site.
Raut has assured financial assistance from government and instructed the collector to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh