Maharashtra: 4 injured in LPG cylinder blast
Yavatmal (Maha): Four persons, including two senior citizens, were seriously injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a residence here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place at a bungalow in Bangar Nagar here, police said, adding that the intensity of the explosion was such that the walls collapsed.
The injured were identified as Sadashiv Lokhare (68), his wife Padma (65), their daughter-in-law Tanuja (28) and their neighbour Keshav Mandale (60). They have been admitted to a local hospital and are said to be in a critical condition, police added.
According to them, Tanuja found that there was no gas coming out of the cylinder. She informed her in-laws about it, who later called their neighbourer Keshav for help. When he tried to remove the regulator from the cylinder, it suddenly exploded.
District Guardian Minister Nitin Raut, sitting MLA Nilesh Parvekar, District Collector Ashwin Mudgal and others visited the blast site.
Raut has assured financial assistance from government and instructed the collector to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi