Maharashtra: 4 injured in LPG cylinder blast
Yavatmal (Maha): Four persons, including two senior citizens, were seriously injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at a residence here this afternoon, police said.
The incident took place at a bungalow in Bangar Nagar here, police said, adding that the intensity of the explosion was such that the walls collapsed.
The injured were identified as Sadashiv Lokhare (68), his wife Padma (65), their daughter-in-law Tanuja (28) and their neighbour Keshav Mandale (60). They have been admitted to a local hospital and are said to be in a critical condition, police added.
According to them, Tanuja found that there was no gas coming out of the cylinder. She informed her in-laws about it, who later called their neighbourer Keshav for help. When he tried to remove the regulator from the cylinder, it suddenly exploded.
District Guardian Minister Nitin Raut, sitting MLA Nilesh Parvekar, District Collector Ashwin Mudgal and others visited the blast site.
Raut has assured financial assistance from government and instructed the collector to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley