Maharashtra alert after Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Mumbai: High alert has been sounded in
Naxal-infested districts of Maharashtra in the wake of a
deadly attack by Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh,
in which they blew up a bus killing 31 people, police said
"The security forces have been asked to be alert and
advised to follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Naxal-
hit districts of Gadhchiroli, Gondia and Chandrapur have been
put on high alert," PRO of Gadhchiroli police N Jagtap said.
All precautionary measures have been taken to avoid any
untoward incident, he said, adding that private vehicles
and public transport were being checked and suspicious people
were being frisked.
The personnel of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) and district police deployed
at Naxal affected areas have been advised to strictly follow
SOP and not to move in large groups and avoid using civilian
Meanwhile, Director General of Police AN Roy and other
top police officials have inquired about situation in Naxal
infested districts in the state in the wake of yesterday`s
Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh, in which civilians and special
police officers were killed, the sources said.
There were also intelligence inputs received a few
weeks ago that Naxals might strike in Gadhchiroli district,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray