Maharashtra alert after Chhattisgarh Naxal attack
Mumbai: High alert has been sounded in
Naxal-infested districts of Maharashtra in the wake of a
deadly attack by Naxals in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh,
in which they blew up a bus killing 31 people, police said
"The security forces have been asked to be alert and
advised to follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Naxal-
hit districts of Gadhchiroli, Gondia and Chandrapur have been
put on high alert," PRO of Gadhchiroli police N Jagtap said.
All precautionary measures have been taken to avoid any
untoward incident, he said, adding that private vehicles
and public transport were being checked and suspicious people
were being frisked.
The personnel of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) and district police deployed
at Naxal affected areas have been advised to strictly follow
SOP and not to move in large groups and avoid using civilian
Meanwhile, Director General of Police AN Roy and other
top police officials have inquired about situation in Naxal
infested districts in the state in the wake of yesterday`s
Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh, in which civilians and special
police officers were killed, the sources said.
There were also intelligence inputs received a few
weeks ago that Naxals might strike in Gadhchiroli district,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'