Maharashtra announces Rs 1 crore cash prize for Sachin, Zaheer
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for Sachin Tendulkar
and Zaheer Khan after the Indian cricket team`s historic
victory in the World Cup.
After BCCI announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for
the members of the team, and the Delhi government declared a
similar amount prize for the players hailing from the capital,
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan made the announcement at the
`high tea` organised by President Pratibha Patil here.
Besides, Chavan also announced a cash prize to the
support staff hailing from the state saying that the prize
amount for them would be equivalent to what the BCCI has given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'