Maharashtra announces Rs 1 crore cash prize for Sachin, Zaheer
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for Sachin Tendulkar
and Zaheer Khan after the Indian cricket team`s historic
victory in the World Cup.
After BCCI announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for
the members of the team, and the Delhi government declared a
similar amount prize for the players hailing from the capital,
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan made the announcement at the
`high tea` organised by President Pratibha Patil here.
Besides, Chavan also announced a cash prize to the
support staff hailing from the state saying that the prize
amount for them would be equivalent to what the BCCI has given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested