Maharashtra announces Rs 1 crore cash prize for Sachin, Zaheer
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Sunday announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for Sachin Tendulkar
and Zaheer Khan after the Indian cricket team`s historic
victory in the World Cup.
After BCCI announced a cash prize of Rs 1 crore each for
the members of the team, and the Delhi government declared a
similar amount prize for the players hailing from the capital,
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan made the announcement at the
`high tea` organised by President Pratibha Patil here.
Besides, Chavan also announced a cash prize to the
support staff hailing from the state saying that the prize
amount for them would be equivalent to what the BCCI has given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...