Maharashtra asks Centre to block info about dams on Google
Mumbai: Worried about possible terror
attacks on Maharashtra`s water installations, the state
government is going to request the Centre to block information
on dams from search engines such as Google.
"We are going to request the Centre about security of
dams and also to block information regarding them available on
search engines like Google," Home Minister R R Patil told
reporters here today.
The state has already stepped up security at major
dams after maps of a few water reservoirs were found with
Javed Abdul Gafoor Mozawala, a 28-year-old visa agent arrested
here on December 9 on suspicion of spying for Pakistan.
Patil had held a meeting of Home Department officials
yesterday on the issue and reviewed security arrangements at
"The state has decided to hand over security of the
Koyna dam (in western Maharashtra) to Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF)," he said.
The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai has been
told to install CCTVs and increase security at dams providing
water supply to the city, he said.
Meanwhile, the government would soon hire a helicopter
for rescue operations in Naxal-hit districts, Patil said.
"The Centre has agreed to pay the complete rent for
the helicopter which will be deployed in Naxal-affected areas.
It will be useful in rescue operations and also for providing
logistics," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources