Maharashtra asks Centre to block info about dams on Google
Mumbai: Worried about possible terror
attacks on Maharashtra`s water installations, the state
government is going to request the Centre to block information
on dams from search engines such as Google.
"We are going to request the Centre about security of
dams and also to block information regarding them available on
search engines like Google," Home Minister R R Patil told
reporters here today.
The state has already stepped up security at major
dams after maps of a few water reservoirs were found with
Javed Abdul Gafoor Mozawala, a 28-year-old visa agent arrested
here on December 9 on suspicion of spying for Pakistan.
Patil had held a meeting of Home Department officials
yesterday on the issue and reviewed security arrangements at
"The state has decided to hand over security of the
Koyna dam (in western Maharashtra) to Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF)," he said.
The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai has been
told to install CCTVs and increase security at dams providing
water supply to the city, he said.
Meanwhile, the government would soon hire a helicopter
for rescue operations in Naxal-hit districts, Patil said.
"The Centre has agreed to pay the complete rent for
the helicopter which will be deployed in Naxal-affected areas.
It will be useful in rescue operations and also for providing
logistics," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble