Maharashtra Assembly`s first session from Monday
Mumbai: The first session of the newly-formed
Maharashtra assembly will begin from Monday.
All the 287 legislatures of the 288-member House would be
administered oath and a new Speaker elected during the
three-day session of the 12th assembly, an official from CMO
said after the first cabinet meeting.
The session of Council would be held on November 11 and
Governor S C Jamir would address both the Houses together on
the same day.
The Speaker will be from NCP and the party will request
the Governor to appoint senior MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh as
pro-tem Speaker, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan had said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000