Maharashtra ATS officer Sanjay Banerjee cremated
Thane: Deputy Commissioner of Police with Maharashtra ATS, Sanjay Banerjee, who shot himself to death at a restaurant in the presence of his family members, was cremated on Sunday.
Several police officers including state ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Thane`s police commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi, who once headed the ATS, were present at the funeral.
Meanwhile, it was still not known as to what caused the officer to end his life. The Thane police maintained that they were investigating the case.
According to police, Banerjee (45), along with his family members, had gone for lunch at a local restaurant yesterday and while conversing with them, he suddenly pulled out his revolver and shot himself.
He was taken to the civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says