Maharashtra ATS officer Sanjay Banerjee cremated
Thane: Deputy Commissioner of Police with Maharashtra ATS, Sanjay Banerjee, who shot himself to death at a restaurant in the presence of his family members, was cremated on Sunday.
Several police officers including state ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Thane`s police commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi, who once headed the ATS, were present at the funeral.
Meanwhile, it was still not known as to what caused the officer to end his life. The Thane police maintained that they were investigating the case.
According to police, Banerjee (45), along with his family members, had gone for lunch at a local restaurant yesterday and while conversing with them, he suddenly pulled out his revolver and shot himself.
He was taken to the civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan