Maharashtra ATS officer Sanjay Banerjee cremated
Thane: Deputy Commissioner of Police with Maharashtra ATS, Sanjay Banerjee, who shot himself to death at a restaurant in the presence of his family members, was cremated on Sunday.
Several police officers including state ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Thane`s police commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi, who once headed the ATS, were present at the funeral.
Meanwhile, it was still not known as to what caused the officer to end his life. The Thane police maintained that they were investigating the case.
According to police, Banerjee (45), along with his family members, had gone for lunch at a local restaurant yesterday and while conversing with them, he suddenly pulled out his revolver and shot himself.
He was taken to the civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand