Maharashtra ATS probes Delhi University Prof for Naxal links
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi University professor GN Saibaba has been questioned by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday for his alleged links with Naxals.
Saibaba, an English professor with DU, was questioned second time in three months in the same regard. The ATS had conducted a forensic analysis of his computer seized in mid-September last year.
Saibaba`s name was linked with Maoists when Hem Mishra, a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University, had claimed that he was acting as a mediator between the professor and cadres of Maoists of Chhattisgarh.
It has also been alleged by the ATS that the professor runs an organisation which acts as a front for CPI-Maoists. The police also claims that not just Hem Mishra, but two other arrested Maoists leaders have also named Saibaba as their urban contact. On the other hand, Saibaba has denied all charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?