Maharashtra ATS probes Delhi University Prof for Naxal links
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi University professor GN Saibaba has been questioned by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday for his alleged links with Naxals.
Saibaba, an English professor with DU, was questioned second time in three months in the same regard. The ATS had conducted a forensic analysis of his computer seized in mid-September last year.
Saibaba`s name was linked with Maoists when Hem Mishra, a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University, had claimed that he was acting as a mediator between the professor and cadres of Maoists of Chhattisgarh.
It has also been alleged by the ATS that the professor runs an organisation which acts as a front for CPI-Maoists. The police also claims that not just Hem Mishra, but two other arrested Maoists leaders have also named Saibaba as their urban contact. On the other hand, Saibaba has denied all charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened