Maharashtra ATS probes Delhi University Prof for Naxal links
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi University professor GN Saibaba has been questioned by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday for his alleged links with Naxals.
Saibaba, an English professor with DU, was questioned second time in three months in the same regard. The ATS had conducted a forensic analysis of his computer seized in mid-September last year.
Saibaba`s name was linked with Maoists when Hem Mishra, a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University, had claimed that he was acting as a mediator between the professor and cadres of Maoists of Chhattisgarh.
It has also been alleged by the ATS that the professor runs an organisation which acts as a front for CPI-Maoists. The police also claims that not just Hem Mishra, but two other arrested Maoists leaders have also named Saibaba as their urban contact. On the other hand, Saibaba has denied all charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad