Maharashtra ATS probes Delhi University Prof for Naxal links
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi University professor GN Saibaba has been questioned by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday for his alleged links with Naxals.
Saibaba, an English professor with DU, was questioned second time in three months in the same regard. The ATS had conducted a forensic analysis of his computer seized in mid-September last year.
Saibaba`s name was linked with Maoists when Hem Mishra, a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University, had claimed that he was acting as a mediator between the professor and cadres of Maoists of Chhattisgarh.
It has also been alleged by the ATS that the professor runs an organisation which acts as a front for CPI-Maoists. The police also claims that not just Hem Mishra, but two other arrested Maoists leaders have also named Saibaba as their urban contact. On the other hand, Saibaba has denied all charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!