Maharashtra ATS probes Delhi University Prof for Naxal links
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi University professor GN Saibaba has been questioned by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday for his alleged links with Naxals.
Saibaba, an English professor with DU, was questioned second time in three months in the same regard. The ATS had conducted a forensic analysis of his computer seized in mid-September last year.
Saibaba`s name was linked with Maoists when Hem Mishra, a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University, had claimed that he was acting as a mediator between the professor and cadres of Maoists of Chhattisgarh.
It has also been alleged by the ATS that the professor runs an organisation which acts as a front for CPI-Maoists. The police also claims that not just Hem Mishra, but two other arrested Maoists leaders have also named Saibaba as their urban contact. On the other hand, Saibaba has denied all charges against him.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe