Maharashtra: Biscuit company godown gutted in fire
Thane: A godown of a biscuit company was gutted in fire at a village near the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane district.
The blaze erupted at around 8 PM yesterday in the biscuit godown of Britannia company at Dapoda village and the two-storey premises was completely gutted, police said.
Local firemen had to seek help of their counterparts from nearby locations to control the heavy blaze, they said.
According to fire brigade sources, the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained and there was no casualty in the mishap.
Bhiwandi tehsildar Sunil Shinde along with senior fire and police officials visited the site and supervised the fire fighting operations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata