Maharashtra BJP distances itself from critical article on Sena
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Sunday distanced
itself from an article published in a party journal making
critical analysis of its partner Shiv Sena`s poor performance
in the Assembly elections.
"This article is an analysis from the individual
columnist and not the official stand of the BJP," State party
President Nitin Gadkari said.
He said his party, which won two seats more than the
Sena despite contesting in less number of segments than its
ally, does not underestimate the strength of Shiv Sena, an
argument made in the journal `Manogat`.
"We do not intend to hurt our long-standing ally in
any manner. BJP believes in the leadership of Sena supremo Bal
Thackeray and we have to go ahead on the basis of our Hindutva
ideology," Gadkari said.
The article, which has appeared in the latest issue of
the journal, said Sena`s electoral strength in Maharashtra is
less than what its leaders projected.
"BJP has done well while Sena has suffered a setback.
The Assembly polls results have shown that BJP is stronger and
the party had compromised to keep the alliance with Sena
intact," the article said.
BJP contested 119 seats and won 46, while Sena fielded
candidates in 169 seats, bagging only 44. Sena also had to
concede Leader of Opposition in Assembly post to the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy