Maharashtra BJP leaders meet Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Senior Maharashtra BJP leaders on Saturday met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in the backdrop of BJP president Nitin Gadkari taking offence at the language used to describe his party`s leaders in Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`.
Blaming `Saamana` editor Sanjay Raut, Gadkari had recently said such writings were causing rift between the BJP-Shiv Sena`s three-decade-old alliance.
Those who met Thackeray at his suburban Bandra residence Matoshri today included state BJP president Sudhir Mungantiwar, Gopinath Munde, leader of opposition in Assembly Eknath Khadse and his counterpart in Council Vinod Tawde.
Munde told reporters after the meeting that the BJP leaders had come to Matoshri to "congratulate Balasaheb for the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance`s success" in the recent BMC polls.
Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut, whom Gadkari had blamed for creating a rift through his writings in `Saamana`, told reporters that Thackeray and Gadkari would be meeting after the UP elections.
"The type of language that is used for BJP leaders in Saamana is not good for the success of the BJP-Sena alliance in the future," Gadkari had said in a TV interview.
Gadkari had also said he had no way of communicating with Thackeray because his phone calls were not passed on to the Sena supremo.
Munde said the Nashik municipal corporation issue did not figure in today`s talks.
The MNS, which has emerged as the single largest party with 40 members in 122-member house, is struggling to garner much-needed support of 22 corporators to wrest administrative control of the Nashik corporation.
Amid reports that Nashik may see an MNS-BJP tie-up, Mungantiwar recently indicated that BJP, which has 19 seats there, would discuss the issue with Sena leadership.
BJP and Sena, which got 14 seats, fought the Nashik poll separately while they had alliance in nine municipal corporations which also went to polls on February 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016