Maharashtra BJP to distribute water tanks in 1,000
Mumbai: Accusing the Maharashtra government of not being serious about tackling drought in the state, BJP on Thursday announced the party would distribute water tanks in 1,000 villages.
"The state government is not very serious to mitigate the drought. Water and fodder have become grave issues and the movement of the people from the drought-hit parts is on rise. Instead of taking some long-term measures, the government is undertaking small steps," BJP leader Gopinath Munde alleged.
He was speaking to reporters after flagging off two fodder trucks to drought affected regions here.
"The state BJP will distribute water tanks to 1,000 villages in Maharashtra," Munde said.
The BJP leader, who was accompanied by city party president Raj Purohit, said immediate steps as well as long-term planning are required to tackle the severe drought situation.
"Had the irrigation projects been carried out properly, the drought could have been tackled in an effective manner," he said.
Two fodder trucks were dispatched to drought-hit regions by the city unit of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'