Maharashtra BJP to distribute water tanks in 1,000
Mumbai: Accusing the Maharashtra government of not being serious about tackling drought in the state, BJP on Thursday announced the party would distribute water tanks in 1,000 villages.
"The state government is not very serious to mitigate the drought. Water and fodder have become grave issues and the movement of the people from the drought-hit parts is on rise. Instead of taking some long-term measures, the government is undertaking small steps," BJP leader Gopinath Munde alleged.
He was speaking to reporters after flagging off two fodder trucks to drought affected regions here.
"The state BJP will distribute water tanks to 1,000 villages in Maharashtra," Munde said.
The BJP leader, who was accompanied by city party president Raj Purohit, said immediate steps as well as long-term planning are required to tackle the severe drought situation.
"Had the irrigation projects been carried out properly, the drought could have been tackled in an effective manner," he said.
Two fodder trucks were dispatched to drought-hit regions by the city unit of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof