Maharashtra BJP welcomes Munde`s decision
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Wednesday welcomed
senior leader Gopinath Munde`s decision to remain in the party
after days of disgruntlement.
Apparently elated after Munde announced his desire to
continue in the party, Leader of Opposition in the state
legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse said, "I was confident that
Mundeji would remain in the party and will not leave as he has
spent his life for the well being of the party."
"He (Munde) would not do anything that is against the
party and today when he held talks with senior leader Sushma
Swaraj his grievances were listened to and he was satisfied,"
Khadse told reporters here.
Munde would now actively participate in the working of
the BJP and further strengthen it, Khadse said.
"Munde is our leader and has been getting due respect
since the beginning, however, there were some differences
which are resolved by negotiations," he explained.
The leader of the Opposition also said that media
reports, pertaining to Munde joining the Congress, were all
rumours which "hurt" him.
Jubilant over her father`s decision to not rock the
boat, BJP MLA Pankaja Palve said she was certain that he would
not quit the BJP.
"Every party worker in the BJP is like a family member
to him," she said, adding that her father has
played an important role in the party since its inception.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days