Maharashtra: CBI arrests its own cop in bribery case
Mumbai: CBI on Monday arrested its own police sub inspector for allegedly accepting bribe from a witness in a case.
KK Sabat, a police sub inspector with the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of CBI was caught red handed while accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 from the complainant.
"Sabat had demanded the bribe from the complainant, who is a witness in a CBI case, for not making him an accused in the case," CBI said in a press statement issued here.
According to the Anti-Corruption Bureau of CBI, Sabat`s residential premises in suburban Mumbai was searched and documents pertaining to a number of bank accounts and property were recovered.
Sabat was produced before a special CBI court here which remanded him to CBI custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city