Maharashtra: CBI arrests its own cop in bribery case
Mumbai: CBI on Monday arrested its own police sub inspector for allegedly accepting bribe from a witness in a case.
KK Sabat, a police sub inspector with the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of CBI was caught red handed while accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 from the complainant.
"Sabat had demanded the bribe from the complainant, who is a witness in a CBI case, for not making him an accused in the case," CBI said in a press statement issued here.
According to the Anti-Corruption Bureau of CBI, Sabat`s residential premises in suburban Mumbai was searched and documents pertaining to a number of bank accounts and property were recovered.
Sabat was produced before a special CBI court here which remanded him to CBI custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"