Maharashtra CM Chavan meets PM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who is here on a two-day visit, and discussed issues pertaining to the state`s development.
The meeting took place at a hotel in south Mumbai this evening, official sources said.
Issues like pending infrastructure projects and various other matters related to development works in the state were discussed at the meeting, the sources said.
Singh arrived in Mumbai today on a two-day visit.
In the afternoon, the Prime Minister, accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, visited the Asian Heart Institute in the suburbs and later attended the Economic Times Awards function.
Singh is staying overnight at the Raj Bhawan and will leave for New Delhi tomorrow morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!