Maharashtra CM Chavan meets PM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who is here on a two-day visit, and discussed issues pertaining to the state`s development.
The meeting took place at a hotel in south Mumbai this evening, official sources said.
Issues like pending infrastructure projects and various other matters related to development works in the state were discussed at the meeting, the sources said.
Singh arrived in Mumbai today on a two-day visit.
In the afternoon, the Prime Minister, accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, visited the Asian Heart Institute in the suburbs and later attended the Economic Times Awards function.
Singh is staying overnight at the Raj Bhawan and will leave for New Delhi tomorrow morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail