Maharashtra CM condoles death of Indian soldier from Kolhapur
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan condoled the death of Indian Army soldier Pundalik Mane from Kolhapur, who lost his life during an ambush at Poonch sector on Tuesday, and said the country would not forget his sacrifice.
Mane hailed from Pimpalgaon village in Kagal taluka of Kolhapur district.
"Be it protecting the country or rushing to help during emergencies, Maharashtra is always at the forefront," Chavan said.
"Everyone is proud of the sacrifice made by this brave jawan," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...