Maharashtra CM condoles death of Indian soldier from Kolhapur
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan condoled the death of Indian Army soldier Pundalik Mane from Kolhapur, who lost his life during an ambush at Poonch sector on Tuesday, and said the country would not forget his sacrifice.
Mane hailed from Pimpalgaon village in Kagal taluka of Kolhapur district.
"Be it protecting the country or rushing to help during emergencies, Maharashtra is always at the forefront," Chavan said.
"Everyone is proud of the sacrifice made by this brave jawan," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!